What is a Psycho-Educational Assessment?
A Psycho-Educational assessment consists of a battery of tests that will provide information on an individual’s (Ages 4-Adult) overall abilities (IQ), particularly learning style and information processing abilities, in addition to an individual’s ability to actively learn and memorize a variety of information. A comprehensive academic evaluation is also part of the assessment.
- Assessment Includes:
- + 1 full assessment day 8am-3:30pm
- + Extensive reports & information
- +45min Feedback session & custom recommendations
Things You May Want To Know
- The assessment starts at 8:30 am please arrive on time.
- Plan to pick up your child at 11:45 a.m. for an hour (or less) lunch break.
- Testing is usually completed by 3:30 p.m. However, you will be informed at noon as to the exact time of completion. Testing may take less or more time depending upon a number of tests administered, etc.
- Please send with your child a water bottle and a mid-morning snack.
- Please bring report cards from previous years (especially the last and present year) because they are invaluable to give a view about how things have been working out academically in school.
- Academic screening/testing completed by the Special Education teacher and any other assessments such as Speech and Language, Auditory Processing, etc. are also very helpful.
- All report cards, etc. will be returned to you at the feedback/report session held approximately three weeks after testing.
- A forty-five minute to one-hour feedback/report session will occur approximately three weeks after testing.
- At that time, parents will be provided with at least three copies of a comprehensive report detailing scores, implications of scores, observations of performance, relevant reference books, and extensive recommendations for school and parents.
- Professional references (if required) and additional handouts related to the test findings will also be provided at this session.
- Take O’Brien Road off Highway 17 and proceed to the first set of lights at the Caboose (Tourist Information Booth).
- Our building is across from the Walmart Store.
- Turn left at the Caboose and proceed to the building on your left (have to make one more left turn).
- The numbers 1035 are above the entrance.
Free parking spaces & handicap accessible too!
If you miss your appointment or do not give adequate notice of cancellation, we may not be able to reschedule because a whole day is a very big time commitment in our busy calendar and a number of children are usually waiting to be tested. Please be mindful of others. If you do need to reschedule please give us 48hours notice. Thank You